What hydro filters does an older Dixie Chopper take?

blue83ranger

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / What hydro filters does an older Dixie Chopper take?
A few months ago I bought a 1995 XW2400 and I would like to change the hydro fluid and both filters. I found a Dixie chopper parts site but the only listed XW2400 is an '01 and '02. I then just looked up a '97 X2400 because it was the oldest mower listed under all of the X and XW models. For the hydro filters it just said to call them and left the price and part number blank but, It did say they were 10 micron filters. All the Dixie chopper filters I've found have been 40 microns. So, my question is what hydro filters does my mower take? and if I get one but it needs the other will it damage anything? thanks for any help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go the other way and check the drive makes recommendations .
As none of them market their own branded filters they should give you the either the filter specs or a generic filter number.
Remember the drives are bought in parts.
There should be a small decal with a bar code & serial number both drive motors & pump

blue83ranger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll do that. If I find something out I'll try to remember to reply back with the filter part number in case someone else was wondering the same thing. thanks

blue83ranger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I emailed both Dixie Chopper and Peerless, who made the pumps on my mower. It's been a few days and haven't heard back yet. As soon as I do I will post back with what filter they suggested.

blue83ranger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I heard back from Dixie Chopper, here's exactly what they said.
In the past we did use a 10 micron filter and found that it prohibited flow and we have went to the 40 micron filter. What is specific is that we utilize a vacuum bypass. The bypass is why we recommend using the OEM filter for the drive system.