What are your favorite Perennials for your garden?

monica123

Threads
I would have to say I love all plants, with the exception of the completely invasive ones, and I'd let them grow if they didn't invade my flower beds; However, my most favorite perennial would have to be a Peony, they are not only a beautiful plant to look at but they smell fantastic as well.

RockHound

Threads
If I lived in the South it would be a Gardenia. I love the scent of gardenias in flower. But for perennials that will come back up where I live, it would have to be the pinks or Sweet William. They smell awesome but they only stay for a short time.

monica123

Threads
I have had absolutely no luck with Gardenia. I prefer bleeding hearts and lilies. They both look fantastic in the garden. I have reds, yellows, whites and dark purples.

Zeroturn

Threads
Hyacinths are my favorite flower and lilac bushes are my favorite bush! We have several of these throughout our flowerbeds and our yard.
My favorite annual is the Zinnia! :biggrin:

monica123

Threads
I love lilacs too, I have three or four bushes in my gardens. They smell fantastic. My absolute favorite annual has to either be a nicotania or heliotrope, both have a fantastic scent.

173abn

Threads
Monica123 ,I got Peony bloomong right now and they are great,also like lilac ,honeysuckle and black locust ,also like hardy hibicus as far as show. russ

grnspot110

Threads
Hostas! Also wildflower varieties such as coneflowers, butterfly weed, etc. ~~ grnspot110

BlueGrass

Threads
Since I get bored easily I prefer a mixed bag of flowers. I usually will hit the store in early spring and buy up a bunch of wildflower seeds and plant them. It's pretty neat seeing all the different flowers that come from it and I have blooms all through the fall.

monica123

Threads
My peony are just starting to get blooms here. I enjoy them. My Hostas are almost up and out as well as most of my other flowers are up enough for me to know what they are. I have a mix of wild, not so wild, herbs and bushes in my garden.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
I've got a ton of lillies of the valley across the front of my southern property and they make wonderful ground cover. The northern property has hostas all over the front and they will likely become my favorite.

That is if my brother doesn't dig them all up for himself.:wink: