what a week

kmeche

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm just a hobbyist as well. When I fix up a mower that I really like (and I don't buy it if I don't like it)... I can't stand to part with it. :laughing:

I think the percentage of ethanol in gas at the pump varies by state. In Georgia, the pumps I use have a sticker saying that the maximum is 10%.
I have some REALLY bad news for you guys. My job is Instrumentation Engineering and Consulting in Oil Refineries in South Louisiana. Recently went to a refining course in Houston for Continuing Education credits. Found out that the station owner is the one that adds the Ethanol, it isn't blended in at Conoco, Citgo, Valero etc. Random test have been done, and not ONE of the gas stations had levels less than 20% (some up to 40). In no way can you ever trust that sticker that says less than 10%, because it is a lie. Ethanol is like water, it's cheap and it makes profit for the owner because it is adds cheap volume to what you are buying. Many places here only sell true gasoline, that is where I get fuel. Ethanol has been proven to reduce engine life by 40% in modern engines. Yes, the statement is true. Do the research and find out for yourself. Hope this helps, wish I would have known this 5 years ago. Ford 6.8 V-10 engines cost $7,600. Found that out the hard way!

beg

Threads
Picked up 4 lawnboy f models for parts this weekend in Iowa for $6.00 the bad news I had to take the Craftsman too.Had to let a duraforce silver series go too The wife said I dont need nine of the same mower.Eight is enough.