Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!

john543

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!
Just joined I have a 2005 exmark LHP4819KA I've had for 12 years love it not without it's problems though.

Na zdrowie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lazer Z LZ23KC604. It was bought new in April, 2000. I bought it used in January, 2002. Currently has 614 hours.

Maxx27

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2008 72'' Exmark Lazer Z XS Diesel. It currently has some major issues.

Denny W Smith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all! A brand newbie here as of today.
I am glad to find this site as I have lots of questions on what route I should go.
I have roughly 30 acres to mow most of which is done by a tractor and a 6' bush hog. About 4 or 5 acres I am mowing with my Exmark Lazer Z AS Model # LZA27KC604, S/N 879852 with a Kohler Command Pro 27 Model PS-CV740-3119, S/N 4012800281. I did mow the entire 30 acres once last fall before winter with this mower. This is my first and so far only experience with a ZTR. I purchased it at auction in Aug 2021 with 1279 hours on the meter. I am sure it was operated previously by a landscape contractor. It now has 1370 hours on it and this past week the engine has started to lose power under load and is pumping blueish white oil smoke out the exhaust. I am assuming it has bad valve seals or rings (I am not a small engine mechanic). A quick online search indicates a replacement engine is running about $3k. Otherwise the machine is in decent shape I think. The deck is good. My question is should I invest more money into it? What kind of hours should I expect from the drive motors or am I looking at rebuild/replacing these soon?
In comparison to repairing I could really use a 72" deck machine perhaps with a more versatile suspension system to handle the rough terrain better (property was timbered about 10 years ago and is still rough in places) possibly a Ferris ISX3300 ($18k ouch!) or something comparable.
Should I replace the motor and sale/trade it? Buy a finish mower for the tractor instead?
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know the year of this mower via the model or serial numbers?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Aquadisiac

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am not really a new member of this forum, I have been reading things and looking for issues that resemble mine! But I have never posted much, if anything!
In 2019, I bought a 2017 eXmark Radius S 48" cut with 106 hours on it. It was garage kept and the guy was going with a Scag so he let me have it at a reasonable price. Like half price. It has been a very good mowing machine. I have changed the fluid in the transmissions and the filters too. I change the oil every year and now it has 323 hours on it. I really like my eXmark Zero Turn Mower. I use the Gator-type blades for leaf mulching in the fall. Only issue with this one was at the beginning of this season, the fuel pump went out on me. Put a new one on that I bought from a dealer and I am mowing again!!
Mowers tend to last me a good while. My first riding mower was 16 years old when I sold it. It looked brand new. I got $700. for it. And it came from a big box-store!! My second was a John Deere X300 that I bought at a John Deere Dealer and I kept it 14 years and sold it for more than half of what I paid for it. Sold it only because that is when I found my eXmark!!
NO more steering wheels on my mowers!!
Have a wonderful mowing season!!

jbtynes

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! New member here.
I have inherited a Exmark Quest 42 project. Its in good condition but just has some electrical issues. Some safety switches appear to have been bypassed. (seat and one of the handles) still not getting anything to the starter when turning key. I thought about just getting a new wiring harness and may go that route, but figured I might learn a thing or 2 troubleshooting. Im good with a DVM so Ill be looking for schematics and tips on how to following the wiring to find the issue!

JD_Driver

Threads
Back on an ExMark
Picked up a nice Lazer Z Triton 66

JD_Driver

Threads
I guess I never really checked in.
Started out with a used high power Lazer Z. When we moved this house came with a John Deere D130. An OK mower, but for mowing 3 acres weekly. It was getting quite a bit of abuse.

Fast forward a bit got into a seemingly well-kept 2006 Lazer Z with the 66 inch triton deck, and I had read it 1000 hours. I have had to do some work to it like belts, and of course, troubleshot it down to head gasket leakage then I drop the governor spring had to wait on that to come in.

I got the deck leveled, the cat set, and the front drop down spacers or baffles position. Seems to be cutting rather well now.

CHughes

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Exmark mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Exmark owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Exmark mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Exmark stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hi, I have an 604ASLZ25KC and the mule belt slips off and embeds itself under the jackshaft. I have replaced the jackshaft pulley but once again it slipped off and is tough to remove the pulley to get the belt out.

jjreds01

Threads
Hi all bought a Lazer Z used has some issues I'm trying to figure out. Made a post about it thanks