weird chainsaw chain

tybilly

Threads
i just bought a cheap chicago electric chain sharpener from harbor freight and told some buddies to give me some old chains to sharpen for practice,and i got one that cant be sharpened with the grinder,ive never seen one like this,it has cutters that has an edge on 3 sides,oregon chain .354, 91 on the driver and a engraving of a diamond on the tie straps,oregon didnt have anything on their site about this...the top of the cutter is not angled its straight forward..ill try and post a pic later.

twinfords

Threads
i just bought a cheap chicago electric chain sharpener from harbor freight and told some buddies to give me some old chains to sharpen for practice,and i got one that cant be sharpened with the grinder,ive never seen one like this,it has cutters that has an edge on 3 sides,oregon chain .354, 91 on the driver and a engraving of a diamond on the tie straps,oregon didnt have anything on their site about this...the top of the cutter is not angled its straight forward..ill try and post a pic later.

Diamond cutter chain, usually found on Fire trucks.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
...one clue...? Seems like I remember reading that square tooth profile is used for cutting slabs (ripping) as opposed to severing ( bucking). Maybe used for home saw milling?