Weedeater trouble

Mower30

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a weedeater model WE12536A riding mower it has a Briggs 12.5hp engine, it runs fine and transmission works good. The only problem I have with it so far is that when I engage the blades it dies unless I hold this little red switch that's under the hood. When the blades aren't engaged the arm rests under the switch making contact with it and when I engage the blades the arm comes off the switch and the mower dies. I'm sure this is just a wiring problem and was wondering if anyone new where to find the wiring diagrams for this mower?

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Attached is a parts drawing breakdown (not a schematic) and part numbers of the electrical components they may be helpful to you.

Attachments

• we12536a_01.jpg
    we12536a_01.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 12
  • we12536a_02.jpg
    we12536a_02.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 8

Mower30

Forum Newbie
Threads
I really need the schematic or know why that switch is there its probably just a safety thing I think I'm just going to bypass it

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your right probably the safety interlock switch for when the blades are engaged.

Mower30

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok just finished mowing 1.5 acres and this mower not sure how old it is just out performed the husqvarna it replaced, Wich that mower had the Briggs 22 hp v twin with hydrostatic drive until the cylinder rods decided to destroy themselves, I will admit the husq mowed a little faster but this thing will climb hills the husq won't, the only set back with taping the switch up is that I have to cut the tape to shut the mower off ?. So I guess I will have to keep plenty of tape handy