weedeater excalibur hedge trimmer compression?

tpolley

Threads
what kind of compression should i have on a weedeater excalibur hedge trimmer?

i'm getting slightly less than 90psi. its warm. not hot. i was fooling with it trying to get it to stay running for 10-15 minutes before checking compression.

it won't run without the choke. i have to feather the choke between full and half to get it to stay running. i cleaned the carburetor as best i could with a can of air. it looked pretty clean. the only thing i can think of is it's not getting enough compression.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Minimum compression on all Poulan products is 90 psi. I have seen them run fairly well as low as 80, and others that wouldn't even start.

tpolley

Threads
i re-checked the compression. my tester wasn't tightened down all the way. i am now getting slightly more than 90psi. so something else is wrong.

tpolley

Threads
alright, i let it soak in carb cleaner for about 20 minutes and i put a carburetor rebuild kit in it. that helped. then i dumped out the old gas and put in fresh gas. that helped even more.

now it runs. it has a bit of a hesitation when i give it the throttle. it starts to die then it revs up. if i slowly bring give it throttle it revs right up.

i started to tell him it's as good as i can get it and to come and get it but i gotta try one more time to make it right.