Weed trimmer racks

Bomba

Threads
The big Stihl one had handlebars and yes it had a very good strap.

My landscaping side tells me to buy the conventional trimmer, my practical side tells me to get the handlebars and stop moaning about back pain lol!!!

JDsLawnCare

Threads
I know this is an old thread but i figured id bump this one instead of starting a new one... but would anyone know where i could buy a rack for the bed of my truck? I see several guys in my area have them and im not sure if theyre built or bought.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Would not be difficult to build. And with wood stain or gloss paint would look good. Otherwise the same racks you'd buy for a trailer can be mounted on the side of your bed(inside) so you can grab them without climbing in the truck

JDsLawnCare

Threads
Go on TrailerRacks.com your home for all of your Trailer Rack needs, green touch offers a truck bed rail to mount all racks on

Thank you for the link, CZ!

Would not be difficult to build. And with wood stain or gloss paint would look good. Otherwise the same racks you'd buy for a trailer can be mounted on the side of your bed(inside) so you can grab them without climbing in the truck

If i still had my welder i would probably build one, but i no longer have one so ill just wind up buying one.

So basically if i buy the $15 attachment on that site i could use it to attach any rack i find? Or is that just for their particular brand?

BHLC

Threads
i just bought the green touch racks for my trailer and i can vouch for the site. It is quality stuff and fast shipping. Also put in the lawnsite1 in the promo code and i think its 10% off.

Get the motor supports as well!!! If not you'll be picking up the powerhead and broken shaft from the trimmers! I speak from experience!

bturner032002

Threads
Get the motor supports as well!!! If not you'll be picking up the powerhead and broken shaft from the trimmers! I speak from experience!

yea i do plan to get this as soon as i get some other stuff out the way. I've had a few people tell me they ran them for years without breaking a shaft and a few tell me they broke a shaft. for $50 or whatever they are ill be getting them sooner than later.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Speed + bumps is what breaks them. Possibly drive to avoid that but that's just me

BHLC

Threads
Speed + bumps is what breaks them. Possibly drive to avoid that but that's just me

Good luck with that! It's the vibration and the clamp system that does it.