WE are LMF!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Insert next cliche here: I will NEVER turn into my father!

Just a cliche....didn't think I made a cliche thread, but, I'll go with it...:tongue:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know I got one particular extra-sarcastic response to what I said in my thread about reaching 1,000 posts. It was deserved - I am second only to JDgreen in sarcasm. I get it. But, I meant it - we are LMF. ALL OF US, and if not for this community, I would not have lasted a week.

Now, that I think about it, you are...to me, one of the most interesting facets of LMF, along with JDgreen. You certainly come up with some repsonses that I find almost incredulous.
I thank you for that, not being benign....
So I ask that, you just keep being you.

fastback

Threads
Recent to the site for about a month now. Have been reading and learning (I think). I found the site by accident. I think I was looking for information while I was concidering the purchas of a new tractor. It might take me 10 years to get to 1,000, I don't ususally talk that much, but I do read the threads that may offer some different ideas. I guess I should say thanks and keep up the good work, all of you.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Recent to the site for about a month now. Have been reading and learning (I think). I found the site by accident. I think I was looking for information while I was concidering the purchas of a new tractor. It might take me 10 years to get to 1,000, I don't ususally talk that much, but I do read the threads that may offer some different ideas. I guess I should say thanks and keep up the good work, all of you.

You're welcome.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now, that I think about it, you are...to me, one of the most interesting facets of LMF, along with JDgreen. You certainly come up with some repsonses that I find almost incredulous.
I thank you for that, not being benign....
So I ask that, you just keep being you.

Twall is way, way, ahead of me in the sarcasm and snappy patter category as I am almost never here anymore.

Two reasons: After 1500 plus posts I have basically exhausted my store of witty quotes and smart alec retorts and observations. And the fricking rain here almost never lets up...the last 48 hours we have had a measured 4 1/2 inches here, AND IT IS STILL RAINING RITE NOW.

My older basement has no sump pit or pump, and the 55 year old drain tiles are clogged with silt, the water keeps coming in thru cracks or thin spots in the floor, yesterday I used a shop vacuum to suck up over 80 gallons of water in there...and it's still coming in right now.

I would rather be mowing, or gardening, or doing something worthwhile...anything but running the freaking vacuum every half hour....AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! :mad::thumbdown::mad::thumbdown::mad::thumbdown:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
JD,
I get it !
Where we used to live, the basement did that until I made my own sump hole and put a pump in it. Running a vacuum every little bit (all night and all day) is NO FUN !

When we built this house - I designed it with porch all around (rain is minimum of 6'from basement walls) and had them lay 2 - 4" drain pipes with pipe socks (keeps mud & silt out) plus 3' wide gravel from drain tile to ground level. The basement walls are 12" block (loaded with concrete), parged, and 3 layers of waterproofing outside. Does that sound like I did not want water in the basement ? :biggrin: There are also drains in the floor that run out below the walk out ground level. :thumbsup:

Oddball

Threads
OH, COME ON NOW...anybody with the name of "ODDBALL" is a PERFECT FIT in the LMF family...:laughing::laughing:

I would say more, a lot more, but the resident grumpy old poop has too much to get done again outdoors today...so bye for now.

:smile: I guess maybe you're right about that, and I'm definitely odd, just ask my wife. Though that's likely the most forum friendly word she'd use to describe me. Sorry to read of you're basement troubles. My dad's house always had a leaky basement. What a PITA, though not as severe as what you describe. He just took the threshold under the outside door off so the water that seeped in could drain out under the door. After he died I paid to have someone dig down to below the foundation along the front of the house and put in the drain pipe and gravel and waterproofing stuff on the block wall before I sold the house. It really wasn't that expensive. I'll never understand why he never had it done.

mystreba

Threads
the water keeps coming in thru cracks or thin spots in the floor, yesterday I used a shop vacuum to suck up over 80 gallons of water in there...and it's still coming in right now.

Assuming all your gutters are in working order, and downspouts are directed properly away from the foundation, you must have one very shallow water table!