WD-40, duct tape and a big hammer will fix anything.

originalswampfox

Threads
A shot from the past, does anyone remember how they came up with name wd-40???

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I could be wrong (often am), but I understood that the WD is Water Displacement and it was the 40th formula they tried.

WD40 is great for many things, but also dries sticky inside locks and can actually cause things to bind up (especially with dust or dirt) after a short time.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WD is an okay spray cleaner but it is a bad penetrating liquid and a poor lubricant...

Duct Tape is great and hammers are 'fine'.... :smile:KennyV

originalswampfox

Threads
BKBrown got it correct!!! I'll admit it's not the best but for a lot of years it was all we had. By the way it was developed to de-ice the wings in airplanes.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
WD-40, duct tape and a big hammer, it sounds like you have been around my next door neighbor the 83 year old farmer!!! He keeps his equipment running without much expense. The only problem with that is that it keeps breaking down.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
WD-40, duct tape and a big hammer, it sounds like you have been around my next door neighbor the 83 year old farmer!!! He keeps his equipment running without much expense. The only problem with that is that it keeps breaking down.

Do you realize the irony in what you are saying? :laughing:

As for me, I prefer hotmelt glue, JB Weld, and vice grips for repairs.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you realize the irony in what you are saying? :laughing:

As for me, I prefer hotmelt glue, JB Weld, and vice grips for repairs.

Nothing wrong with JB Weld I use it, never tried hotmelt glue something to think about in a pinch, and what do you do when you run out of vice grips buy new? I guess being in the repair business all my life I find I would rather fix it right in the first place. I am also sure a customer won't like the looks of a pair vice grips for a repair much less pay for them.

originalswampfox

Threads
Hey!! vice grips at the Dollar Store are cheeper than most repair parts, but I know what you mean it's better fix it once

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If we are doing vice grip repairs lets go first class Snap-On. We only want the best parts:laughing:

originalswampfox

Threads
Snap-On is the best, I had a set of screw drivers(black handles) and they finally gave me a new set when the handles started to crumble. Dollar Store vice grips are the best if Im going to leave them on the tractor.