Wanted: Wiring diagram for briggs

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Page 5??? The pages with the spark plugs and oil stuff? I read that Manuel already and I couldn't find any diagrams:confused2:

NorthBama

Threads
If i am reading this post correctly you are replacing an engine that had an electrical clutch with and engine that has a manual clutch. The engine with a manual clutch charging system may not be large enough to keep the electrical clutch energized. Please correct if i misread your post.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
If i am reading this post correctly you are replacing an engine that had an electrical clutch with and engine that has a manual clutch. The engine with a manual clutch charging system may not be large enough to keep the electrical clutch energized. Please correct if i misread your post.

You are correct NorthBama. I thought about that and I just thought I would put a trickle charger on after each mow. This mower is not for commercial use it is just for our yard. So it should be fine....I think if i just put it on charge.:smile:

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Also the engine that came off was a 16 hp and the one I have installed is a 20.5 so it might be enough. correct me if I am wrong in that thinking:smile:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you read the manual and understand engines, you will know that horsepower has nothing to do with the size of the charging system. Also, if you read the manual you will know that you can determine the size of each of your charging systems by the type and color of the wiring harness coming from the stator. Finally, your battery will be constantly discharging while you are mower and if the battery voltage gets too low you will either burn out the wiring in the clutch or the clutch will disengage. Trickle charging a low battery after each use will shorten the life of the battery, which means you will be replacing it more often.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
So, are you saying this is not possible?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Anything is possible, just depends how much time and money you want to throw at it.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
I definitely have the time and I can throw the money at it if I have to.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Results

[ see page 5. Section 2 page 5.

I actually printed this yesterday, the problem is that the coils go to the ignition prongs and the ignition switch has 6 prongs on the diagram and only 5 on mine so I don't know which wires go to which prongs. A lot of the stuff goes to the ignition and they have them numbered as to which wires go where so, since I don't have 6 prongs I can match the wires up to them. I think I have every thing wired except the wires that go to the ignition. Hope this makes sense.