Want to make a fast lawn mower tractor.

thirdroc17

Threads
Yeah, it does happen. I won't say I've never done anything unsafe, I just draw the line at any kind of recommendation that might harm others. I mean, if you can sue McDonald's for selling hot coffee that's hot, I can see people hurting themselves, then coming back to a forum and pointing fingers.

If anyone wants to take the risk, it's their risk, not my comments that got them hurt.

Threads
I found the cheapest way to go fast is to drive up a huge hill turn around and put her in neutral and hold on!!!!! And no sudden turns. I got pulled over for going 43 mph. Then the cop tried to get me for a unregistered off road vehicle... Moral of the story. Just find a way and go for it!!!!

Mwh0428

Threads
Well I'm also building a racing mower. But I do not have any big hills any where around me.

Sent from my iPod touch using LMF

hitmanharleyk

Threads
The simplest way to make one "quicker" is to reverse the pulleys underneath the mower. Put the one on the rear on the engine.

I know back in the day folks removed the mufflers and replaced it with a pc of pipe that had a flat washer welded over the end, I have no idea if that helped anything or not.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The simplest way to make one "quicker" is to reverse the pulleys underneath the mower. Put the one on the rear on the engine.

I don't think so seeing they would be completely different design?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was playing with mine today put a foot Pedel on it to control speed. And added two extra pulleys on the drive belt so there is not so much belt flop. I kept my front pulley the same just cut the bottom pulley off that would run the deck belt and put it on the back this thing is crazy fast. And yes I did work on the front end it does fine in the dirt but in the road it wonders all over the road need to find a way to fix that

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

t.crawford714

Threads
Carscw said:
I was playing with mine today put a foot Pedel on it to control speed. And added two extra pulleys on the drive belt so there is not so much belt flop. I kept my front pulley the same just cut the bottom pulley off that would run the deck belt and put it on the back this thing is crazy fast. And yes I did work on the front end it does fine in the dirt but in the road it wonders all over the road need to find a way to fix that

Bushings are probably worn out on the steering post if that is loose. They may be worn out on the axle.

t.crawford714

Threads
reynoldston said:
I don't think so seeing they would be completely different design?

If they're keyed the same with the size, or weld them on. Stock the small pulley is on the engine and the big one is for the transmission. This gears it down, as the smaller one will spin fast but the larger one spins at a slower rate. When the large one is on the engine it'll spin just as fast, but now its turning the smaller one at a faster rate.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
All my bushings are new the front tires are not made for 30 mh speed I took the bottom pulley that would run the deck belt and drilled the hole to the rear end shaft side then cut a grove for the key. If you go to big on the front pulley you lose to much take off speed. I can carry the front wheel 2 feet off the ground for close to 30 feet