Walker Mower Blade

Troy

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do you tell left from right

173abn

Threads
Troy,welcome.Not quite sure what your question is.If it's about your blades I don't think it matters.can you be more specific?..russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
As I recall, I had a drill Sargent, many years ago, who took great pride in answering that exact question..."How do you tell left from right "...

BTW welcome to a very good FORUM... Hope to see more about Utah from you... I was out there in the mid 60's great, GREAT place...
:smile:KennyV

Troy

Forum Newbie
Threads
My question was how do you tell Left from Right on Walker mower Blades. I put them on backwards when I sharpened and it definately doesn't mow very good.

So there is a Left and a Right....I just don't know how to tell.

173abn

Threads
are the blades differant lenghts?could you possibly have them upside down? russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
My question was how do you tell Left from Right on Walker mower Blades.

... there is a Left and a Right....

Is one blade designed to cut CW and the other CCW?
I have seen this before, so long ago that I do not remember what it was on...
On your Walker, it could be that way... But I'm with russ on this, most likely upside down...

the lift wing should be on the top of the blade... I think everyone has mounted one or more blades upside down at some time or another... :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
Kenny the blades to my grasshopper have stamped "grass side down".I'm a day late on asking the dealer that also sells Walker mowers about this. russ

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Walker Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!

Razsprak

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am assuming you have a bagger deck, which means they have to go on with the sharpened part of the blade facing the center discharge shute. If they are put on backwards the grass isn't being cut.

Frosty

Forum Newbie
Threads
Troy - what size mowing deck are you using? Not that this has much to do with blade placement but I believe the larger decks have three blades, others use two blades. The post about the blades turning into the center discharge chute makes sense. :smile: