Walker Help

mjhull

Threads
Hey guys, I am new to the Forum and I am trying to figure out how to read codes that my Walker 26 EFI Kohler engine is showing. my code is 3-4-6-1 i believe. If anyone has a clue how to even diagnose this. It would be of great help. Its not showing any physical sign of engine problems but the light keeps comming on and off, and well Its annoying. Thanks for your help!

chance123

Threads
If I have this right, the light blinks 3 times, pauses, then blinks 4 times, pauses, then blinks 6 times, pauses, then blinks 1 time. Is that correct? I haven't checked for certain, but I "think" that is the code the EFI computer gives for "everything is OK". When I get to the shop, I will check to be sure. I am almost certain that "6-1" is end of test.

mjhull

Threads
Thanks, my issue is from when you run it on high idle, the light goes on. I just recently found out that i think the running RPM is too high. If i backed off the throttle, the light wont go off. How do you know what the codes mean?? Is there a book?
Im new to this whole walker thing and i have the ability to work on cars but i didn't know if there was a way to read the walker computer. Thanks

chance123

Threads
Thanks, my issue is from when you run it on high idle, the light goes on. I just recently found out that i think the running RPM is too high. If i backed off the throttle, the light wont go off. How do you know what the codes mean?? Is there a book?
Im new to this whole walker thing and i have the ability to work on cars but i didn't know if there was a way to read the walker computer. Thanks

If I am not mistaken, the computer is part of the Kohler EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) Kohler has several computers. I will look up the codes but need to know if your computer is made out of metal or plastic (the housing or enclosure)

mjhull

Threads
I believe it is a plastic housing, i grabbed the S/N off the computer. It is 4007685. the P/N 0261S03006 and also says kohler: 2458428. Bosch computer with a date of 05/25/2005. I hope this helps.

chance123

Threads
With the EFI computer there are so many things that "must" work together. I think instead of typing, it will be easier to scan and post a PDF of all the fault codes and how to do it. One thing to remember is that the speed sensor is located on/by the flywheel (with the ring gear) Then you have the TPS sensor (throttle position sensor) on the carb which is connected to the throttle shaft.

Attachments

• kohler1.pdf
    83.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

mjhull

Threads
This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you so much! First time with the Forum and i love it thanks to you.