Walbro WYA troubleshooting

rmcphearson

Threads
My redmax recipricator will run if it gets gas. It's not getting gas through the carb. I cleaned carb with ultrasonic cleaner and rebuilt it to no avail. When I remove the throttle valve assy and crank the engine I can see exessive fuel being drawn out of the nozzle and the engine will run rich for 1 minute and then finally flood out. So I'm guessing the carb is doing it's job up to the point where the inner idle needle should restrict the gas being drawn out of the nozzle. It must be shutting it off completely. The needle is non-adjustable. What am I missing?
http://www.walbro.com/media/21910/WYAseries.pdf

The only thing I can think to do is get a Walbro metering lever gage and try that but I didn't mess with the lever so it should be close enough at least to run... I think.

I can get a new carb for $120 but I'm using this as a learning process.

-Roland

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it is flooding, then you likely blew out a jet or worse.

rmcphearson

Threads
It's only flooding when I remove the "barrel". When I put the barrel back in I get no fuel to the engine. I don't see what could go wrong with the barrel/inner-idle-needle. $130 for a new carb. Looks like I'm going to start investing in some tools and educate myself on these things.

rmcphearson

Threads
Ok, now I see it's flooding with the barrel in. I plan on putting a new jet in.