Walbro/Echo "small D" adjustment

rmcphearson

Threads
The adjustment tool for the new "small D" adjusting screws on the Echo PB770T is not available. I want to order the screw itself so I can figure out how to make the tool. I can't find the screw in the parts breakdown. Anybody know where I can get the screw? Walbro WYK345.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The adjustment tool for the new "small D" adjusting screws on the Echo PB770T is not available. I want to order the screw itself so I can figure out how to make the tool. I can't find the screw in the parts breakdown. Anybody know where I can get the screw? Walbro WYK345.

I use a pair of forceps.
It clamps right on the screws

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The adjusting tool is not available, because it is only legal to sell them to an authorized repair shop. The screws are only available as part of the full carb assembly.

Mini Motors

Threads
I took a ceramic metal cutting disc in my Dremel, and cut a slot in the heads of the screws, and can adjust/remove for carb overhaul with a standard screwdriver.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Keep a eye on e-bay they're sometimes come up on there.:licking:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I took a ceramic metal cutting disc in my Dremel, and cut a slot in the heads of the screws, and can adjust/remove for carb overhaul with a standard screwdriver.

Thank you I am going to do that today.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

andy spence

Threads
There is a guy on e-bay that has a set of 4. the d, the double d, the pac man screw and the splined all in a set for around 53.00. just got a set last week. Before that I was doing the dremel cut trick also, Its never ending with the tools.

rmcphearson

Threads
The adjusting tool is not available, because it is only legal to sell them to an authorized repair shop. The screws are only available as part of the full carb assembly.

Ok, sounds like I'll have to find an old carb.

Thank you

blackchevy3de

Threads
There is a guy on e-bay that has a set of 4. the d, the double d, the pac man screw and the splined all in a set for around 53.00. just got a set last week. Before that I was doing the dremel cut trick also, Its never ending with the tools.

I see that set of 4 ,but is the d tool the small d for the walbro carbs ,

d_sharier

Threads
I posted this information in another thread. The tool is made by Walbro, but only sold to Echo. Echo is then responsible for selling it to their technicians. There is a large fine to any distributor caught selling these adjustment tools to non-licensed individuals. Some of the online distributors have been known to let a sale for one of these slip through the cracks. I am not suggesting that anyone should find and order one online. If you do that, it is by your own accord. The only successful way I have "heard" is to order the tool by the bit only. Not including the handle. I had one of these generic screw clamp handles that fits and works really well. According to the Echo tool catalog, the part number for the bit is 91086.