Vintage Briggs & Stratton carb. air intake stud I.D.

silver1

Threads
  • / Vintage Briggs & Stratton carb. air intake stud I.D.
I have this stud that came with a B&S 6B-S. The oil bath air cleaner uses this stud to attach it to the carb.
I don't think this is correct for this model. I don't know why it is factory bent! What B&S would it be for?
Thanks,
Silver

Attachments

• IMGP0072.JPG
    IMGP0072.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 20

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you give us the engine model, type and code numbers we might be able to help you. Briggs made many different models with an oil bath air cleaner and we don't know which style of carb you are talking about. You need to help us in helping you.

silver1

Threads
If you give us the engine model, type and code numbers we might be able to help you. Briggs made many different models with an oil bath air cleaner and we don't know which style of carb you are talking about. You need to help us in helping you.

6B-S 901035 119662 thank you

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, that is factory bent air cleaner stud, but I am having trouble identifying if it belongs to your engine. Can you post a couple of pic of the carb and air cleaner. Thank you. I'm also trying to find a way of posting both a parts manual and service manual for your engine. At this time a problem with the forum keeps blocking PDF files. Will keep trying.

silver1

Threads
Yes, that is factory bent air cleaner stud, but I am having trouble identifying if it belongs to your engine. Can you post a couple of pic of the carb and air cleaner. Thank you. I'm also trying to find a way of posting both a parts manual and service manual for your engine. At this time a problem with the forum keeps blocking PDF files. Will keep trying.

Here the pictures. I think the bent stud is for the smooth top cleaner that screws on.

Attachments

• IMGP0001.JPG
    IMGP0001.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP0002.JPG
    IMGP0002.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 9

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That stud does not go with that carb. You need a straight stud, which is threaded on both ends. Do a google search "Briggs Nd Stratton 6BS parts" and you can identify which will work best for you. In some cases you might be able to find a foam type filter and housing which uses a screw to hold everything together.

silver1

Threads
That stud does not go with that carb. You need a straight stud, which is threaded on both ends. Do a google search "Briggs Nd Stratton 6BS parts" and you can identify which will work best for you. In some cases you might be able to find a foam type filter and housing which uses a screw to hold everything together.

Part # 230 058 is what I come up with.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you have the washer or nut or combo needed to hold the cover light?

silver1

Threads
Do you have the washer or nut or combo needed to hold the cover light?

I do have the correct wing nut as seen in the picture. I do not have the correct washer. I think this is a 1955 6B-s .
I can't find any reference on Partstree for this model. Maybe I don't know the correct listing. Ebay has the stud for
a lot of money for what it is....

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, when trying to restore vintage engines the parts are hard to find and can get pricy. Price I found was $14.99. Have you tried any repair shops in your area? You might get lucky and they may have one in old stock or used parts. With old engines, don't worry too much about the exact TYPE number, most of the time you can get by with just model unless you need a carb or crank.