Vinegar Weed killer

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have any of you ever tried the weed killer that is going around on face book made with vinegar?

One gallon of white vinegar, 2 cups Epson Salts, 1/4 cup of blue Dawn dish washing liquid.

The claim it is supposed to kill better than Roundup.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is great I use it at my house. Won't kill grass :)

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
I haven't tried it but I'm going to research it as my gravel driveway always seems to be a fertile area for grass/weeds!I use roundup several times during the summer and dat stuff ain't cheap!I will report back.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I haven't tried it but I'm going to research it as my gravel driveway always seems to be a fertile area for grass/weeds!I use roundup several times during the summer and dat stuff ain't cheap!I will report back.

I tried this stuff. I did not have success with it.

A much cheaper alternative to Roundup is one of the various brands of glyphosate. It is in Tractor Supply. The cheapest I have found is at a local seed feed store.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You must have sucked out and did not get real Dawn, that stuff will kill us all!!!!

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
I have used this concoction with minimal results.Things like Johnson grass temporarily turn a little brown but come back.I had to reapply in most all areas.I was hopeful poison ivy would succumb but no luck. I will return to roundup and only use this in cracks or areas that I want to be very careful of other plants.One positive...I have seen no evidence of bears or armadillos.:eek:

MowerMark

Threads
Have any of you ever tried the weed killer that is going around on face book made with vinegar?

One gallon of white vinegar, 2 cups Epson Salts, 1/4 cup of blue Dawn dish washing liquid.

The claim it is supposed to kill better than Roundup.

Roundup kills more than weeds.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
So it just kills weeds not grass?

I haven't seen anything it killed. Some things turned sickly yellow. Then in a day or two they started coming back.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use a spray bottle, saturated the leaves of the weed, don't water for 24 hrs. And the weeds die