Export thread

Vinegar Weed killer

jekjr

jekjr

Have any of you ever tried the weed killer that is going around on face book made with vinegar?

One gallon of white vinegar, 2 cups Epson Salts, 1/4 cup of blue Dawn dish washing liquid.

The claim it is supposed to kill better than Roundup.

exotion

exotion

It is great I use it at my house. Won't kill grass :)

chemingthroughtheleather

chemingthroughtheleather

I haven't tried it but I'm going to research it as my gravel driveway always seems to be a fertile area for grass/weeds!I use roundup several times during the summer and dat stuff ain't cheap!I will report back.

jekjr

jekjr

I haven't tried it but I'm going to research it as my gravel driveway always seems to be a fertile area for grass/weeds!I use roundup several times during the summer and dat stuff ain't cheap!I will report back.

I tried this stuff. I did not have success with it.

A much cheaper alternative to Roundup is one of the various brands of glyphosate. It is in Tractor Supply. The cheapest I have found is at a local seed feed store.

Fish

Fish

You must have sucked out and did not get real Dawn, that stuff will kill us all!!!!

chemingthroughtheleather

chemingthroughtheleather

I have used this concoction with minimal results.Things like Johnson grass temporarily turn a little brown but come back.I had to reapply in most all areas.I was hopeful poison ivy would succumb but no luck. I will return to roundup and only use this in cracks or areas that I want to be very careful of other plants.One positive...I have seen no evidence of bears or armadillos.:eek:

MowerMark

MowerMark

Have any of you ever tried the weed killer that is going around on face book made with vinegar?

One gallon of white vinegar, 2 cups Epson Salts, 1/4 cup of blue Dawn dish washing liquid.

The claim it is supposed to kill better than Roundup.

Roundup kills more than weeds.

gfp55

gfp55

It is great I use it at my house. Won't kill grass :)

So it just kills weeds not grass?

jekjr

jekjr

So it just kills weeds not grass?

I haven't seen anything it killed. Some things turned sickly yellow. Then in a day or two they started coming back.

exotion

exotion

I use a spray bottle, saturated the leaves of the weed, don't water for 24 hrs. And the weeds die