Ventrac Implements

toro5xi

Threads
Hello everyone

I have a Ventrac 3200 with the Diesel. I purchased this unit in 2009. It has been great but I have the bug to upgrade. Here is my question. My dealer will give me a fair deal on a trade in for the unit but do not really want the stump grinder. Does anyone know if it is possible to run the belt attachments from the 3000 series on the 4000 series? I am puzzled why Ventrac would have designed the belt drive attachments so they are not interchangeable. :frown:

Thanks

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi,
The way I understand it the drive unit on the 3000 series is horizontal and on the 4000 series it is vertical. Something to do with the way power is transfered from rear engine in the 3000 series. The one to ask for sure is Ventrac.

I believe the non-power impliments will fit either.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
"Stump grinder" they talk about.........:laughing: This is no John Deere here......

Yes, I suppose they are technically a 'lawn mower'........but they seem to be un-classifiable.....:biggrin:

I believe I've seen one with a small ditch-digger attachment. Am I right? (the one that looks like a giant chain-saw kind of trench digger)

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ventrac Compact Tractors & Attachments

Check out the web site - yes, there is a trencher !

I have the 5' straight blade, Excavator Bucket, 5' mower deck, 5' 2 stage Snow Blower, Aerator, Spreader (sand/salt/seed/fertilizer), Dual Wheel Set, Blower (180mph - 4000cfm), & 3-N-1 hitch with rear hydro. All the power attachments mount on the front and non-power mount either front or rear. Mine is 31 Hp. Gas. 4200 VXD

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have it - "The Swiss Army Mower"!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Now, I need to find acerage....to justify one.......then I have to sell my soul to finance it........

Naw, Just kidding! :biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
In the Jamestown area - You could make enough plowing snow and cleaning (why does the last word on a line show up as the first word of the next line sometimes? ) parking lots to finance it + you'd have FUN doing it -- There is even a cab for it ! :thumbsup: Get ALL the attachments and start your own business !!! :thumbsup:

I have it - "The Swiss Army Mower"! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Now, I need to find acerage....to justify one.......then I have to sell my soul to finance it........

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are Ventracs are used commercially? I'd think they'd rival Bobcat.......for at least a smaller operation.

I'm sorry - I hijacked a perfectly legitimate thread........:frown:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think it is still on topic and the thread starter got an answer.

YES, they are used commercially -- you should check out the youtube videos on Ventrac !

Off to bed for this OLD man ! :rolleyes:

toro5xi

Threads
I have it - "The Swiss Army Mower"!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Don't worry about the acreage, my dealer laughed when he dropped it off, my wife did not. I have less than a acre but I use it for so many things, plowing snow, grinding stumps etc. I even made some forks for the front to lift pallets and other items.. These things are really usefull. I wish I could justify getting a 4000 series.

Ventrac

Threads
Hello everyone

I have a Ventrac 3200 with the Diesel. I purchased this unit in 2009. It has been great but I have the bug to upgrade. Here is my question. My dealer will give me a fair deal on a trade in for the unit but do not really want the stump grinder. Does anyone know if it is possible to run the belt attachments from the 3000 series on the 4000 series? I am puzzled why Ventrac would have designed the belt drive attachments so they are not interchangeable. :frown:

Thanks

Glad to see another Ventrac owner on here :thumbsup: I myself own a 3200 as well. The two reasons that I would say that we don't have the same belt system on the 3000 series as the 4000 series (without asking engineering :biggrin:) is that
#1 The size of our units, there was not enough spacing on the 3000 series to fit the 4000 series drive and belt system.
#2 Some of the attachments that are on our 4000 series would not fit on our 3000 series, or they might fit, but the 3000 series would not run the attachment how we would want it to. Take the power-rake for example. That thing is very heavy and can take a lot of power. It may run on the 3000 series, but it would not run how we would want it to. We make all of our attachments to work and to work well with our units. You would run into clearance issues with certain attachments as well. The hitch arms are also at different heights so things would not always align quite right unless each attachment was adjustable.

Hope that helps answer your question a bit :smile: