Velocity Plus Deck

JB Lawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, I’m brand new to this forum so don’t bust my balls too bad for asking any stupid question. Lol. I have a 61 inch turf tiger with a velocity plus deck. It has been cutting like sh*% all week. I replaced the blades last week with a set of stens, and it cut better. The left side was scalping the ground and I had to float the deck to keep it from scalping again. I got home and parked on flat concrete in the shop and attempted to level and set the deck pitch as I’ve done many times. I have brand new tires (one week old) with 12 psi, I measured the height of the front flat free tires and they were the same. The problem is this deck will not level out. No bends in the deck that I can tell, blades are straight, I ruled out everything I could think of that could possibly be the problem. It appears that the front chains need a link taken out to bring the front up, because I can’t get it to raise otherwise. Has anyone taken a link out before? Also, with the deck belt off, should there be any play in the spindle shaft? I’ve heard yes and no to this question, thought I would ask you guys about that too. Thanks in advance!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Chains wear as do the mounting bolts so the deck hangs lower over time
Spindled can have a tiny amount of up down movement but no sideways movement
So you grab the blades ( belt off ) at either end and try to rock it see saw style
If it rocks then new bearings are required
Generally the discharge side goes first then the front as these two most of the work.

JB Lawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Chains wear as do the mounting bolts so the deck hangs lower over time
Spindled can have a tiny amount of up down movement but no sideways movement
So you grab the blades ( belt off ) at either end and try to rock it see saw style
If it rocks then new bearings are required
Generally the discharge side goes first then the front as these two most of the work.
Thanks for the information. I will check the see saw movement in the morning