Mower deck Upgrade on Kubota G1800 Front Gauge Roller Wheels

Chip63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all! I have been searching for a more durable option to the front guage roller wheels on my Kubota G1800 mower. I have the RC48-G20 mower deck. The replacement rollers are plastic and these only last a season of weekly mowing. I was wondering if any of you have modified or found a better roller that would last longer. I'd appreciate any input on this.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are these roller contacting the ground while you are mowing? They shouldn't be. They are not designed as full contact rollers. Adjust then so they are about 1/2" off the ground at the height you are mowing. That should solve your problem.

Chip63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your reply. It was my understanding that these rollers are a part of the mower deck height adjustment. The mower itself doesn't have a height adjustment other than up or down. The 2 front gauge rollers and the rear castor wheels have different holes in the brackets that are used to adjust the deck height. There is a chart on the deck that gives different configurations to acheive 2,3,4 inch cutting depths. I assumed that the deck was supposed to ride on the rollers and wheels.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My advise to you is to let the deck ride on the rear casters (if there does not seem to be enough adjustment to pick it up) but adjust the front drag links so that on a flat surface the front anti-scalp wheels are off the ground, with the front of the deck slightly higher than the rear. It was possible to adjust the front drag links to pick up the front of the deck so those little anti scalp wheels should only come into play on rough terrain.

Chip63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your help Rivets. I'll give it a try this weekend!