Unusual Usage Patterns - Stop & Go

l008com

Threads
I have a husqvarna push mower with a honda engine. I've been changing the oil every spring since it was new, always with mobile 1 0w-30 oil. Fancy stuff for a lawn mower but its only 19 oz so I think I can swing it. And the machine runs perfect. Basically brand new even though it's 5 years old, maybe more.

But my usage pattern is kind of odd. I have a youtube channel about yardwork. What this means is that I mow my lawn about 2 minutes at a time. Then I stop, move the camera, and start again. Over and over and over. So many stops and starts.

I'm wondering if there is anything special I should be doing to accommodate this unusual usage?

I imagine the biggest thing probably is the oil. Full synthetic 0w is going to keep everything super lubricated during those 30 seconds of down time. It's probably a lot better than running cheapo traditional mower oil you get at the hardware store. But besides that, is there anything else I should look out for? Like is the plug more prone to fouling or something I'm not even thinking of?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Actually that start/stop pattern is not than unusual considering somebody that bags their lawn will have a similar run pattern unless they are mowing daily and not doing much clipping to fill the bag. But for the average person a rear bagger will fill very quickly.

l008com

Threads
That's a fair point. Although I am stopping even more often than that. Maybe twice as many start/stops per mowing vs back when I used to bag. Actually maybe even 3x as many start/stops. But definitely not 10x as many.
Compared to when I started mulching, but before I started filming. I'd basically just do the whole yard non stop :D
I do run fuel with seafoam mixed in. Between that and the high quality oil, hopefully this thing keeps running perfectly forever.