Uneven Front End

kyler13

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just recently ordered a JD E120 and had it delivered early last week. After mowing that same day, I noticed two things: 1) very subtle streaks in my lawn (turned out to be slightly unlevel in my cut), and 2) that the mower looked like it was slightly unlevel (left-to-right) sitting in my driveway. Since the driveway is somewhat uneven, I waited until I pulled it into the garage to get a good look. Sure enough, the front end definitely seemed slightly tilted, and the deck was definitely not level. This was the culprit in my lawn cut. I did some rigorous searching on the internet about this issue and didn't have any luck finding info. First things first, I checked tire pressure and everything is good. Then I broke out the tape measure. The two main frame rails that run longitudinal are pretty darn even at the back, but end up being about a half-inch different in height at the front (left side higher, looking at the front). You can see it in the pictures attached. I removed the deck to install mulching blades and didn't see much of a difference so the deck wasn't causing the problem. Short of having a twisted frame, I have no idea what could be the issue here. I've since leveled the deck (for my next mowing tomorrow) and it took quite an adjustment to do so. Will see how things go, but I'm thinking of calling my local dealer about this.

I circled in the picture below where the front axle appears uneven relative to the frame (left vs right side). The arrows point the the frame ends I measured. The height difference measured from the ground is 0.5" between the left and right sides here. At the rear of the tractor, the difference is <0.125".
20190727_160652a.jpg20190727_205208.jpg

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd say the problem is at the back end, or the frame has been twisted somehow. Something wrong somewhere for sure.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
DOn't mess around with it.
Write a letter of complaint to your dealer about your problem.
And it is important that you WRITE it and keep records.
IF you fell you are being given the run around then forward all of your WRITTEN complaints to JD.