uneven cut

yardmachine2046

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'mhoping someone can help out there, I've recently purchased a yard machine lawn tractor and it cut poorly to say the least! After inspecting the blades I found that replacing them was the only option, so that is what I did, now it cuts much better, the left and center blade cut evenly but the one on the discharge side seems to be about an inch higher and isn't cutting as well as the other two, it has been suggested that the belt may be slipping but wouldn't this affect all three blades ? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ASEAudie

Threads
I'mhoping someone can help out there, I've recently purchased a yard machine lawn tractor and it cut poorly to say the least! After inspecting the blades I found that replacing them was the only option, so that is what I did, now it cuts much better, the left and center blade cut evenly but the one on the discharge side seems to be about an inch higher and isn't cutting as well as the other two, it has been suggested that the belt may be slipping but wouldn't this affect all three blades ? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

It is imperative that the blade tips of each blade match in HOC (height of cut), the thickness of the blade is the only acceptable variation from high or low. Make sure the blades are installed correctly with the grass side of the blade on bottom. If these check out; then inspect that the blade drive spindles are correct and mounted properly. Hope this helps, if not, detailed photos will help the trained eye to help solve this matter.
Good luck :thumbsup:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds to me that you going to have to level the deck after you check to see if the blades are installed correctly.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Set all three blades going side to side and try to level deck so all six blade tips are the same then put the blades going back to front and set the front around a 1/2 inch lower than the back. But first thing is line the middle and right side blades up they should be at the same level. When you level deck go from the blade tips not the deck it self

Sent from my iPhone using LMF