Unable to start my 721D :(

geoff

Threads
I replaced the fuel solenoid on my 721D earlier this week, thanks in no small part to the help KennyV provided. After I finished, it started up perfectly several times the same day. Two days ago I went to start it for the first time since that repair. While the engine turned over it did not turn over fast enough to get it started and in a few seconds the rate the engine was turning slowed even more. I put a battery charger on it overnight and tried again yesterday with the same result. Thinking the battery might be bad, i took it to the local auto parts store but it tested fine and had a full charge. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? I do have a volt meter if there are suggestions for further testing...any help will be greatly appreciated?

Geoff

noma

Threads
Hi Geoff

One other thing you could try is to clean all your connection on the battery post and look and see if all the other connection look good any that look if not clean them. Check and see how many volts you are getting to the starter too.:smile: Happy fourth of july

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Along with the possible voltage drop, always a chance with any starter circuit....

A diesel engine has to have glow plugs that are working on each cylinder... (some even in the summer) I have two very similar Kubota 4 cylinder diesel engines... one with automatic glow circuitry and another with manual..
The automatic system engine will start with or without glow... the Other will NEVER start unless it gets a lengthy glow plug first, makes no difference summer or winter.
diesel engines have very high compression, so they need every bit of help they can get... If it's not turning over quick enough to begin with, it will quickly drop off in starter rpm... :smile:KennyV

geoff

Threads
Resolution: Noma was correct about the connections. Even though all the connections were intact, one of them, on the solenoid was loose. A few taps on the connector and I pushed it on again and this time it was tight.. and bingo, it started up like a champ!!! Thanks for your help!!! I am learning!!

Geoff