Type of oil

Jomow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased a Z920M zero turn mower from John Deere. Any of you folks have this mower and if so what type of oil do you use. I figure that John Deere oil would be the most expensive.

dr mowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
i personaly use briggs and stratton small engine oil SAE 30 in everything i own and have never had any issues with heat or heavy use.

Retiredcarguy

Threads
For hydraulic oil: I use John Deere oil and filters.
For motor oil: I choose full synthetic, name brand oil of overlapping required viscosity, with name brand filters.

Oil is cheap and equipment is not! Synthetic is the superior lubricant.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
For hydraulic oil: I use John Deere oil and filters.
For motor oil: I choose full synthetic, name brand oil of overlapping required viscosity, with name brand filters.

Oil is cheap and equipment is not! Synthetic is the superior lubricant.

How about that, someone I can agree with. I use the full synthetic Amsoil.

Nwatson99

Threads
Congrats on the Z920M, but there are a few morons on this site that are ignorant about JD, just preparing and warning you.

Anyway I use
JD Hydraulic fluid
Castrol Motor Oil with Kawasaki Oil Filter.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congrats on the Z920M, but there are a few morons on this site that are ignorant about JD, just preparing and warning you.

Anyway I use
JD Hydraulic fluid
Castrol Motor Oil with Kawasaki Oil Filter.

I know I've posted my opinion that JD's are over-priced...but hope you don't include me in those "few morons":0)
But your participation on the forums is very beneficial for everyone(despite the difference in your opinions that shughes717 or user Dsepe share). Your knowledge & experience is very helpful to other JD owners. I vote that we all put aside any differences in opinion regarding recommendations of brands for users seeking to purchase a ZTR......and try to assist others if we can. I think if another user agrees with your advice and demos a JD as he seeks to purchase a new ZTR that's great. The more ZTR's they look at the easier it will be to find what's right for them.

Nwatson99

Threads
I know I've posted my opinion that JD's are over-priced...but hope you don't include me in those "few morons":0)
But your participation on the forums is very beneficial for everyone(despite the difference in your opinions that shughes717 or user Dsepe share). Your knowledge & experience is very helpful to other JD owners. I vote that we all put aside any differences in opinion regarding recommendations of brands for users seeking to purchase a ZTR......and try to assist others if we can. I think if another user agrees with your advice and demos a JD as he seeks to purchase a new ZTR that's great. The more ZTR's they look at the easier it will be to find what's right for them.

Bud an opinion is an opinion, I voice mine on items as well, but some people want to take it to the next level and no I have never had a problem with you.
Like I told you before I spent hours looking and driving other mowers before I went with the 960R.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just purchased a Z920M zero turn mower from John Deere. Any of you folks have this mower and if so what type of oil do you use. I figure that John Deere oil would be the most expensive.

You are right oil with the john Deere name on it will be more expensive as is everything with john Deere on it.

I am not going to join this fight on what brand oil is the best. Just change it when you should.

I know everyone reading this is waiting for me to bash your mower as I am not a JD fan. But you bought a good mower and will get many years out of it.