Type 195707.

Frank Rabbets

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, New to the forum.

I am rebuilding a type 195707 due to excessive blue smoke. It has an aluminium bore. Do I glaze bust this before fitting new piston and rings? Does a missing inlet valve oil seal make oil burn? They are difficult to get in UK so I might have to miss it out. Motor is 1992.

Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1699299048537.png
DId you check for ovaling and/or tapering before you ordered the new piston and rings. You can't just slap in a new piston and rings with first doing this in case the cylinder needs resizing.

Also yes missing valve stem seal can cause them smoke as well as worn valve guides.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you want the rings to seat properly.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Plus you will stones for aluminum and keep the rpms down close to 250 as aluminum will gall quickly with the wrong stones and too much speed.

You should also be using a rigid hone and not a flex hone. A flex hone will just make any oval and/or taper worst.

Frank Rabbets

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your interest. I made a honer from cylinder of foam wrapped in sandpaper and with a mandrel glued through centre. I thought a traditional honer stone would clog up. It looks like it's done a good job but not measured it yet. No seal was present on the inlet valve. Difficult getting a piston, 499907, here in UK but bought one which is coming from Australia. I'll post some pictures.