two wires from carb

dwint

Threads
there is a wire coming from the solenoid (red)and a black one from the block.do these plug into the bottom of the carb bowl.it mower was givin to me and it has electric choke.i would also like to put a push button starter since someone tried to rewire it.

Buckshot 1

Threads
there is a wire coming from the solenoid (red)and a black one from the block.do these plug into the bottom of the carb bowl.it mower was givin to me and it has electric choke.i would also like to put a push button starter since someone tried to rewire it.

:smile:Electric choke? Red is power, black is ground. As far as plugging into the bottom of the float bowl a picture of the carb and s0lenoid would help. With a push button starter, you still have to have a way to trigger the mag, for the engine to run and shut off. What mower/engine are we talking about?

dwint

Threads
it is a murry model 425001x8 17.5 h.p briggs.the guy that gave it to me said the red from the solenoid goes to carb and theres a black one coming from the block.i guess these two go to the carb?

dwint

Threads
it is a murry model 425001x8 17.5 h.p briggs.the guy that gave it to me said the red from the solenoid goes to carb and theres a black one coming from the block.i guess these two go to the carb?

I don't no how to send a picture of the solenoid but it is a two prong.the prong on the left side is going to pos batt and on the right side is going to the starter.there is a skinny red wire the guy told me goes to carb if that helps.

benski

Threads

That's a fuel shut off solenoid you've got there. It's intended to keep the larger displacement late model engines from drawing in more fuel after shut down and backfiring. Yep, energized with key on, off with no power.

dwint

Threads
can I get a older model bowl to fit this carb or should I connect the black and red to the plug on carb?also the red and black wires coming from the coil are connected to a plug im trying to figure how to make this a simple push button start but the mice got to this so I have no ignition.the mower is only a few years old and in great shape.id hate not to fix it.

Buckshot 1

Threads
can I get a older model bowl to fit this carb or should I connect the black and red to the plug on carb?also the red and black wires coming from the coil are connected to a plug im trying to figure how to make this a simple push button start but the mice got to this so I have no ignition.the mower is only a few years old and in great shape.id hate not to fix it.

:smile:You do not need another bowl. two options, remove solenoid and cut plunger off and re-install or remove solenoid and replace with a bowl nut. Dis-able both wires. If the key switch is still good, get a wiring schematic and repair all the damaged wires. That way you can still use the solenoid. I do not know how old this tractor is, but most likely there are one or more saftey switches that you wil have to contented with while going with the push button start. Don B.

dwint

Threads
it says 2008 on the engine and the ignition got tampered with from the previous owner.i plan on disconnecting all the safety switches .don't I need a solenoid to get a push button to start?if not could you tell me how I could wire this up?also the red and black on the right side goes into a plug.i think it is from the coil and what do I do with these wires.money is an issue and I have to figure this out with help from this site

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: You gave a tractor model number (425001x8) is there a letter after the the 8 like a,b,c,d or e? According to the wiring schematic I found, the wire colors are gray and yellow to the fuel solenoid. The ground for the solenoid comes off the mag which also is the engine kill. That Murray MN. shows that tractor to be a Scotts.

dwint

Threads
those are the numbers on the orange tag.the I was wrong with the year.tand says something like complies with 2006 air pollhe 17.5 briggs model # is 31c707 type 0154e1 code 050209ze .I cant find it on any site