TV.

Threads
Anybody watch IRT, etc.. Whats your favorite seat time program?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like IRT, but wish they would stop the reruns .... I like something new. Also like Axe Men, Swamp Loggers, Swamp Men (Gator Fishing) , Hillbilly Handfishing, NCIS & NCIS L.A.

Sometimes with 200 channels there is nothing on to watch.

Sing Off is good (mostly) - AGT is mostly good, but they could just show bloopers instead of the whole act when it STINKS ON ICE.

Threads
I like IRT, but wish they would stop the reruns .... I like something new. Also like Axe Men, Swamp Loggers, Swamp Men (Gator Fishing) , Hillbilly Handfishing, NCIS & NCIS L.A.

Sometimes with 200 channels there is nothing on to watch.

Sing Off is good (mostly) - AGT is mostly good, but they could just show bloopers instead of the whole act when it STINKS ON ICE.

Have you been watching this new season in South America?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not Yet - probably a great deal like the one in India (I think) --- I was a litle surprised at Dave's attitude up north after his team spirit with Lisa and Rick over there. I guess they need the DRAMA.
Have you been watching this new season in South America?

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Like to watch Deadliest Catch, Canadian Pickers:cool: and a few reality shows like Survivor:ashamed: and the Amazing Race. I also don't miss watching Modern Family and the Big Bang Theory. The character Sheldon reminds me of JD, he thinks he is always right.:laughing: And of course as winter approaches and because I'm Canadian, got to watch the Toronto Maple Leafs play.:biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
TV today is mostly pure crap, I am so sick of the inane garbage reality shows like Big Brother, Amazing Race, Survivor, etc I want to puke. One of my favorites was the original CSI, set in Las Vegas, but after William Petersen left it went straight downhill...

The original NCIS with Kate was really good, when she was killed off and they replaced her, straight downhill there too. Big Bang is one of the few programs I really look forward to seeing, though. Just so funny.

The stupid networks kill off the really decent programs, anybody remember Jericho? A really original program and plot, and they killed it off. Morons. "Men of a Certain Age" was one of the best shows in recent memory and they killed that off too.

Amazes me how they continue junk like "Americas got Talent, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars", etc. Pure garbage.

What galls me most of all about TV is the stupid, inane commercials that now occupy half the length of the program...used to me a half hour show was 22 minutes actual show, now it's 15 program/15 commercial. And don't get me started on the overpaid, overhyped actors, who in their right mind thinks Ashton is worth 3/4 million per show, he gets to mouth words written by other people for 15 minutes to earn 3/4 million dollars. I hope Demi wakes up and squeezes his b----s off.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I forgot Pickers and Restoration. Commercials -- isn't that time to go to bathroom and check the computer ?

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
TV today is mostly pure crap, I am so sick of the inane garbage reality shows like Big Brother, Amazing Race, Survivor, etc I want to puke. One of my favorites was the original CSI, set in Las Vegas, but after William Petersen left it went straight downhill...

The original NCIS with Kate was really good, when she was killed off and they replaced her, straight downhill there too. Big Bang is one of the few programs I really look forward to seeing, though. Just so funny.

The stupid networks kill off the really decent programs, anybody remember Jericho? A really original program and plot, and they killed it off. Morons. "Men of a Certain Age" was one of the best shows in recent memory and they killed that off too.

Amazes me how they continue junk like "Americas got Talent, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars", etc. Pure garbage.

What galls me most of all about TV is the stupid, inane commercials that now occupy half the length of the program...used to me a half hour show was 22 minutes actual show, now it's 15 program/15 commercial. And don't get me started on the overpaid, overhyped actors, who in their right mind thinks Ashton is worth 3/4 million per show, he gets to mouth words written by other people for 15 minutes to earn 3/4 million dollars. I hope Demi wakes up and squeezes his b----s off.

Sounds like you don't have a subscrition based television provider. You have digital antena?
I'm thinking about dropping the direct tv. What does it take to get a free signal these days?
Do you need some kind of adapter or what? My tv's are all about 5-10 years old.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like you don't have a subscrition based television provider. You have digital antena?
I'm thinking about dropping the direct tv. What does it take to get a free signal these days?
Do you need some kind of adapter or what? My tv's are all about 5-10 years old.

We have Direct TV !!!! 200 plus channels that are 99% crap. For free TV you need a digital converter (about $65-$70 last time I checked) and a good outdoor antenna, yet there may not be any decent local channels near you. I put a converter and a costly indoor antenna on a 1993 vintage set, can get maybe 10 local channels, all only fair quality.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have Direct TV !!!! 200 plus channels that are 99% crap. For free TV you need a digital converter (about $65-$70 last time I checked) and a good outdoor antenna, yet there may not be any decent local channels near you. I put a converter and a costly indoor antenna on a 1993 vintage set, can get maybe 10 local channels, all only fair quality.

You not a fan of the Discovery channels?
How abour Science channel?
History channel?
espn?
Food network,Travel Channel?
NFL network?
That's about it for me I have no idea what's on the other 994 channels.