Turf Tracer cutting like crap. Need help!

garrettjw

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have around a 2005 48 inch turf tracer with cutting problems. Cut looks stringy looking on first pass. Leaves blades of grass uncut in random places, no pattern. Not streaking. Cuts level. I have taken it to our local mechanic which all the local pros use but is not an Exmark dealer. My local Exmark dealer referred him and said that the worked on all their mowers. I live in a small town so our Exmark dealer is a very small shop mainly sells atvs. The mechanic found that the drive belt for the deck was worn and replaced it but said everything looked good and he didn't know what was causing the problem. I have sharpened my old blades, put on new blades, cleaned under the deck, put weights on the front, and even tried doubling the blades. nothing has helped. The deck is not warped and the baffling looks good. I bought the mower used before mowing season this year. I mowed great for the first 2 or 3 weeks then it started leaving all my yards stringy looking. I have to double cut everything with it. Anybody got any ideas on what the problem might be.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have around a 2005 48 inch turf tracer with cutting problems. Cut looks stringy looking on first pass. Leaves blades of grass uncut in random places, no pattern. Not streaking. Cuts level. I have taken it to our local mechanic which all the local pros use but is not an Exmark dealer. My local Exmark dealer referred him and said that the worked on all their mowers. I live in a small town so our Exmark dealer is a very small shop mainly sells atvs. The mechanic found that the drive belt for the deck was worn and replaced it but said everything looked good and he didn't know what was causing the problem. I have sharpened my old blades, put on new blades, cleaned under the deck, put weights on the front, and even tried doubling the blades. nothing has helped. The deck is not warped and the baffling looks good. I bought the mower used before mowing season this year. I mowed great for the first 2 or 3 weeks then it started leaving all my yards stringy looking. I have to double cut everything with it. Anybody got any ideas on what the problem might be.

Ground speed? Driving to fast can cause these symptoms

mowerman05

Threads
when my mower does similar things it needs a new belt or a belt adjustmemt, did they adjust the belt properly when it was installed:confused2:

garrettjw

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can run the mower with the speed selector on 2 and it will still leave stringy looking cut. I am not sure if the belt is adjusted correct. How can I check to see if they adjusted the belt correctly?

mowerman05

Threads
the owners manual should tell you how to adjust it, if you have one. or maybe ask on here where to find a owners manual. sounds like the belt might be slipping but i am not a mechanic by any means.

garrettjw

Forum Newbie
Threads
According to the owners manual there is no adjustment for the deck drive belt nor the blade drive belt. I really need to get this mower cutting back to par.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
According to the owners manual there is no adjustment for the deck drive belt nor the blade drive belt. I really need to get this mower cutting back to par.

Maybe he put wrong size belt on? With the mower off and blades engaged does the belt feel loose?

garrettjw

Forum Newbie
Threads
No the belt fills good and tight. I took the mower to the mechanic after the problem started to try to figure it out. That's when he changed the belt.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
No the belt fills good and tight. I took the mower to the mechanic after the problem started to try to figure it out. That's when he changed the belt.

Then it really has. To be the blades, engine speed, or ground speed :/

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not familiar with the Turf Tracer, How many belts are on the mower, just a single. Have you check all your springs for proper tension on the pulleys?