Tires Trying to find No-Flat tires for Z4200

jmqxman

Forum Newbie
Threads
mgitlin, thanks for your post on the no flat tires and the link to where you purchased them. I am hoping you can help me (non-mechanical) know what you selected on the link under "choose hub" and "choose bearing". The "choose hub" choices are: 2.25, 2.50, 3.25 or 4.00. Would the correct size for the Toro Z4200 be 4.00? The "choose bearing" choices are: 5/8", 1/2", and 3/4". Not sure what this refers to. Can you help me? THANK YOU!

jmqxman

Forum Newbie
Threads
mgitlin, I just looked at your link to the flat free tires again and saw a "how to measure" icon which showed me how to determine the hub and bearing size. Sorry I didn't see that before I posted...

texasguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, i used the link but seems that link is broken. Oh well. But for those out there, I saw Amazon, northern tool, and Home depot had the same tires. Again, the problem is to buy bushings for the other side of the tire.

Might order from Amazon as they have the tire there with free shipping. Just to drive to Northern will cost too much gas then gotta pay the state tax. This way, no gas and no tax from Amazon.

Will check Home Depot as they had a tire there but with bushings, and rather confused on this. They say they are for adapting to any axle configuration. Well, again, watch it for what you buy now. But might go there and see what it is. Remember, the tires have hubs on both sides, and the flat free tires are hubs on one side so you need a bushing or spacers now.

Also, if you google marathon tires, then you can find what you are looking for as far as any type of tire. The site is excellent explaining things too. So find the tire you want, then google around for something cheaper now. Or at least you have an idea of what to pay for your tire.

Well, will be buying two flat free tires and will post here on what I did to make them fit on my Z4200. Now I gotta google 3/4'' axle bushing to act as a spacer. One option is also to take one of my old tire hubs from my wagon and cut the hub out to act as a spacer. Hea, I am the guy who put the C in "Cheapskate." lol

Well, check back in a week or so, and will let you know what happened and what I did.:confused2: