Tires Trying to find No-Flat tires for Z4200

mgitlin

Forum Newbie
Threads
The size of my tire is stated to be 11x4, and the hub length is 4.25. However, I can't seem to find any already mounted tire/hub combo in the 4.25 width. So I might be able to buy a no-flat and mount it on the existing hub. However, I'm not sure if there's a specific width on the tire I need to look for.

Flat Free with NoFlatTires - 11x4.00-5 Solid Smooth Tire

Would that work? What does the -5 on the end there mean?

Thanks!

ihc_444

Threads
You could just have yours foam filled. Our farmer's co-op will do it but it is pretty expensive.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is 11"Diameter (high) 4"Wide (tread width) and on a 5" wheel.
The Toro web site said 10x4 on the front ? Usually the flat free tires that I have seen come pre-mounted. Have you checked Northern Tool http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200395572_200395572 or Gemplers.com ? Is this because you get grass between the rim and tire so it goes flat ?
The size of my tire is stated to be 11x4, and the hub length is 4.25. However, I can't seem to find any already mounted tire/hub combo in the 4.25 width. So I might be able to buy a no-flat and mount it on the existing hub. However, I'm not sure if there's a specific width on the tire I need to look for.

Thanks!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

Thanks!

That is a very popular gage wheel tire size... I just replaced one on my Land Pride 84 inch finish mower.
Always Get the Tallest and Widest tire that will fit in the yoke... there are a lot of variances in "standard" tire sizes ...
I have the foam filled tires on it, they weigh a LOT and are rather expensive... they will never have a flat BUT the side walls right at the bead will eventually fail... too much flex right at the sidewall and rim...
but you can easily get over 1000 hours of very heavy use... and yes they have to be mounted on the rim and then taken to a place that will fill them... :smile:KennyV

mgitlin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, thanks for the replies. I'm going noflat since on my property since I've hit nails and downed electric fence wires that have torn holes in the sidewall of the tire. I don't want to have to keep replacing the stock tires at $40-50 a pop (since the coops said they can't fix side-wall).

It's definitely 11x4, but I can't seem to find any premounted with a 4.25 hub width.

That site you linked has the right tire size, but skips my hub width: Marathon Tires Flat-Free Lawnmower Tire — 3/4in. Bore, 11in. x 4.00-5in. | Lawn Mower Style | Northern Tool + Equipment

Is there some way to transfer to my stock 4.25" hub, or would that damage the tire in the process? Or, I should just be able to mount that 11x4-5 tire only on my existing hub, right?

Filling sounds like a good option, but I'll still have to pick up a stock tire since mine is scrapped. :-\

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
If a new wheel has just slightly narrower hub, I don't know why you could not use an equal number of washers on each side to space it in the center.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If a new wheel has just slightly narrower hub, I don't know why you could not use an equal number of washers on each side to space it in the center.

That will work perfectly, or you can get (or make) shims ...
:smile:KennyV

mgitlin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm an absolute idiot. Rather than looking at the manual, I decided to finally go check the actual tire on there... not 11x4 (sorry to whoever suggested this earlier--when I shrugged it off).

The size is actually 4.10x3.50-4. This might make my search a bit easier...