Trying to decide, Cub Cadet LT 1045 vs John Deere D130

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Trying to decide, Cub Cadet LT 1045 vs John Deere D130
If you buy the Cub you will be buying a MTD. You might just as well look at some other brands also see it will be the same tractor only different color. You might save a few $s.

The cub is not the same as all MTDs.
It is a few steps up from the yard man.

Now it does have the same drive set up with the variable speed pulley. That I feel is one of the best.

The steering on the cubs is a two link set up. Without a tierod.

The yard man has a 14 gauge frame the cub has a 9

Saying all MTD made units are the same is saying why buy a Lincoln when you can get a different color ford for less money.

Or saying why pay for a craftsman when a poulan is cheaper

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When I was looking at mowers last year in the $1500 price range. The things that made me go with the cub was. The seat, the deck has four anti scalp wheels.
The control panel that tells you when to change the oil and why it will not start.
The tight turning. And the Comfort of how everything is set up.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is what I do with my cub. I get 2 to 3 yards a week like this.

The way they design the deck and the pulley set up let's this mower power thru tall grass.

image-3452311712.jpg

Attachments

• image-3052890373.jpg
    image-3052890373.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 19
  • image-4131863624.jpg
    image-4131863624.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 19

Howdy Doody

Threads
This is what I do with my cub. I get 2 to 3 yards a week like this.

The way they design the deck and the pulley set up let's this mower power thru tall grass.

View attachment 19892

All you can say is wow! That is 100 times worst than anything I would ever mow. I think you may have sold me on the Cub!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think cub cadet should pay me to advertise their mowers.

Howdy Doody

Threads
I think cub cadet should pay me to advertise their mowers.

I think you are right. If you took a video of your Cub plowing thru that thick stuff and send it to them, I'll bet they might send you something? I would send you at least a lid of a T-shirt. Either way your video would make a great youtube video! I could script a really cool video for you? First part would be silent and would show the mower and the nasty yard to be mowed. You would start mowing slow then we would speed up the action until the end. At the very end after you have demolished the tall grass you would get off the mower and just say; "Cub Cadet haters gonna hate, but the results speak for themselves".

Threads
Does anyone have any experience with these two lawn tractors. I can't seem to make up my mind. As far as price, the JD is a $100 more, but which one is better or more reliable? My current mower is a JD X300 with a bad transmission... Makes me a little weary of the JD, but I know anybody's machine can break down.

How many hrs until the tranny went bad?

Ean

Threads
It is well known that I do not like junk Deere.
I have a cub cadet that I put threw hell I run it hard and as fast as it will go.
For the money your going to get more mower with the cub.
If you go look at the JD threads on here you will see all the problems people have with them like the transmission.

I will tell anyone that in the price range your spending the cub is the best buy over any other mower

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Yes that's one flaw i hate the john deer tranny but cubs deck is junky I am friends with a man who works at our cub dealer he said the deck is the biggest problem but carscw is right I would get the cub for the money as far as the new deer mowers mine are from the 80s I love them all mowers have flaws the deers flaw is the transmission the craftsmans flaw is the steering the cub is the deck

cometdiner

Threads
Look at Consumers Reports in the current issue. John Deere is number 1 and Cub Cadet did not even place. The article is very informative, and makes some interesting points. One of the grafts "Most and least reliable" shows JD with the least repairs and CC with the most.
I guess one can argue whether CR knows what they are talking about or not but I have had good success over the years with their recommendations.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look at Consumers Reports in the current issue. John Deere is number 1 and Cub Cadet did not even place. The article is very informative, and makes some interesting points. One of the grafts "Most and least reliable" shows JD with the least repairs and CC with the most. I guess one can argue whether CR knows what they are talking about or not but I have had good success over the years with their recommendations.
Repair shops tell you what brand they repair the most but they don't tell you that one brand sold 1000s more then the other.

Did you read what one was the most bought mower ?

Say junk Deere sold 10 mowers and 3 came in for repair cub sold 100 and 30 came in for repair. On paper it looks like the cubs are not as good because more came in for repairs. But it's the same percentage.

You pay the same money for each mower
A spindle bearing goes out. The cub dealer sells you a bearing for $4.25 the jd dealer sells it for $12.50. Oh the jd bearing must be better. Ha ha no it's the same bearing made at the same place by the same people with the same part number.

And as I have said before the JD will not keep up with the cub in tall thick grass.
I have put it up against a few JDs and out cut them every time.
I have a few friends that thought their jd was the best. Their next mower will be a cub or craftsman.