trucker

trophytrucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
8 HP B&S, older model Dixon 308. Replaced fuel lines, fuel filter, air filter, plug, and it still wouldn't run right. Replaced carburetor and now it starts easily, but only runs on full choke. Can't engage blade or put it in motion without it stalling. What else could it be? Almost $180 in new parts, and its still in the shed.

trophytrucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 191707 Type 2159 01 Code 87022309 This is the 8hp B&S, on the Dixon 308. Thanks for responding.

trophytrucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Checked all bushings, pulleys, etc., and discovered the compression was almost zero. I can easily turn the motor over, no resistance, just by turning the blade. Thanks for the advice and other info.

Tinkerer200

Threads
$180 in new parts? Sorry about that but I would not spend $5 on that engine. I would have looked for a 12.5 hp B&S with cylinder liner, something which could productively be rebuilt if needed. An 87 engine which may have an aluminum cylinder bore is not a good prospect. You might pull the head and see if by chance a valve seat has come out causing the low compression and can check the cylinder bore while you are at it, is it scored.

I can send you a Service Manual for you engine IF you like. Address below,put in proper format and remind me engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

PS: I am the only one on most of these forums offering Dixon cone drive advice and have info when and if it comes to that point.