Troybilt 4 Cycle Eng Snowthrower ossue

jborcheck

Threads
Well I was running my Snowthrower for the first time this year and after about 10 mins it died on me. But then started right back up and ram fine for the remainder 10 min. Now I had this issue towards end of last year too. Is it overheating? Because there is steam I think (not smoke) rising off of where the spark plug access is. Need new oil? What's the deal. Thanks guys

jborcheck

Threads
Anybody help me out here?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Overheating on a snowblower is difficult... I would look at.your carb it might be dirty as for the steam its probably moisture evaporation

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Time to remove the carb, give it a good long bath or have it ultrasonically cleaned. When reassembling it, install a new float needle and seat. Post your engine numbers and I'll try to find you a service manual.

briggs

Threads
the steam u see is water or snow that has got on it ..Its vaporizing and that's why u see steam nothing to worry about ....As rivets said clean carb etc and put fresh gas in it and it should be good to go

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe check the spark plug coil?

jborcheck

Threads
Ok I will give it a shot. And get those eng numbers on here when I get a chance. I made it through the whole driveway today. Never stopped. But it did do a little bit of a "sputter" type noise.