Troy Built Riding Mower

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
If you are cutting for business look at Scag or Gravely. I personally run Tiger Cat Scags with incredible results.

We run with tiger cat as well, i just started negotiating price with my dealer today to add a 4th one. If you're serious about doing commercial work you really need a commercial ZTR. Scag, Toro, dixie chopper, exmark ect. We'll argue which ones best on a different thread. They all do the same thing, cut gras, and cut a lot of it fairly fast, all day everyday.

Your trucks, trailers, and mowers are going to be your lively hood, make sure you get good stuff. Every minute of daylight is money, get the most of everyday by choosing a time efficient mower. I'm afraid you won't be able to get to a profitable day on a garden tractor. Maybe you will, maybe you don't have any bills or expenses but 4-6 acres yards will burn up a garden tractor pretty quick.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We run with tiger cat as well, i just started negotiating price with my dealer today to add a 4th one. If you're serious about doing commercial work you really need a commercial ZTR. Scag, Toro, dixie chopper, exmark ect. We'll argue which ones best on a different thread. They all do the same thing, cut gras, and cut a lot of it fairly fast, all day everyday. Your trucks, trailers, and mowers are going to be your lively hood, make sure you get good stuff. Every minute of daylight is money, get the most of everyday by choosing a time efficient mower. I'm afraid you won't be able to get to a profitable day on a garden tractor. Maybe you will, maybe you don't have any bills or expenses but 4-6 acres yards will burn up a garden tractor pretty quick.

I 1000% agree with you. Cutting properties that size one good brand zero turn will out last a dozen of those tractor type home owner mowers. I know one commercial guy who has two tiger cats that are pushing 4000 hours and he says they have spent very little on them in that time.

All of the above listed are quality mowers. The quality of the nearest dealer should play into which you purchased.

Cutting 4 to 6 acres with a tractor type mower is going to take the bugger part of a day. We take two tiger cats and cut 4 acres in like an hour and a half or so.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I'm not trying to be harsh, but just speak the truth. If he's trying to do yards that size with a garden tractor, whats he going to tell his customer when he's missing days from down time for repairs. Or when the neighbors are getting theirs done by the competition 4-5 times faster with better results. I don't want to scare the guy from the business but as we all know it's a dog eat dog cut throat business.