Troy Built Riding Mower

tractor man

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me about which riding mower I should buy.
I have 2 options, the Troy Built Bronco or the Troy Built Horse xp.

possum

Threads
I am not going to get into the best mower thing. The two mowers you list are very little different from each other. Either one will mow a yard well enough.

tractor man

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is for a lawn business and the mower will run constantly. I heard that the spindles break easily, is that true

tractor man

Forum Newbie
Threads
Because I mow peoples yards who are about 4-6 acres but some are small as well.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
If mower will be running constantly, you need to shop for commercial grade mower at dealers, or a good used one. Make sure you try them out taking your time & researching online.

tractor man

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well maybe Troy Bilt isn't the best mower. What about the Cub Cadet XT enduro series. I am looking at the XT1 42 inch cut. It is 1500.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Because I mow peoples yards who are about 4-6 acres but some are small as well.

If you are cutting for business look at Scag or Gravely. I personally run Tiger Cat Scags with incredible results.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Honestly just about every tractor you listed and in that price range is essentially the same thing and will do the same job.

Find one with a kawasaki, kohler command, or Briggs professional engine.

Take really good care of it change oil often every couple weeks, keep clean, put a fuel filter in line, clean the air filter weekly or more often if Dusty, keep blades sharp, inspect belt and pulleys for wear weekly

LoCo86

Threads
Well maybe Troy Bilt isn't the best mower. What about the Cub Cadet XT enduro series. I am looking at the XT1 42 inch cut. It is 1500.

You're going to use that commercially to cut lawns that are 4-6 acres. That will be almost a whole day's work with that mower. Like it's been stated before you should look for a true commercial mower. If anything look at Snapper Pro. They seem to be good mowers at a reasonable price.