troy-bilt weed eater won't bite

ramone899

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi out there. Got a troy-bilt 2 cycle gas trimmer model # TB7OSS on it's 3rd summer. I usually run the tank dry or dump fuel out, and add sta-bil for winter storage. I may have forgotten to do this last winter. It starts up fine and idles without any problem but it will not accelerate when trigger is pulled. Instead it stalls out. I went to check air filter foam, but there was none. I then went to clean spark arrestor screen, and the trimmer has one but is missing two associated parts that owner's manual says it should have. Not sure if the missing parts are part of Home Depot's "lowest price" promise, but the trimmer ran just fine for it's first 2 summers without these parts, somehow.

So, I ran some carb / fuel line cleaner through it, let it set overnight, then started it the next day. Started and idled fine but still will not accelerate.

Anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong with it, or what I could check / clean next?

Thanks a lot.

ramone899

Forum Newbie
Threads
forgot to mentio0n I cleaned the sparkplug as best I could, and added fresh gas/oil mix.

ky-mike

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check your fuel tank to see if your filter is still connected to the fuel line. I had a similar problem with a craftsman chainsaw and found that the fuel line in the tank had rotted.

ramone899

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks, ky-Mike. I'll check this out.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My 2 strokers have both idle and high speed mixture needles. Your symptom is like a starved high speed fuel delivery. Since it ran fine at shutdown and you may have left some undoped gas in it , it may be gummed up needle / passageway. May have to disassemble the carb and clean it. Check this forum for procedure or wait and SOMEONE will respond.:anyone: