Troy-Bilt TB130- Is it a good machine?

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Well, the time has come. It is time to retire the Bolens 5HP 21 inch push mower. I got it 2 years ago when the engine in my old Montgomery Ward push mower blew up. Don't know why. I only used this mower on residential lawns that are small when my Exmark push mowers was A. Out of service. or B: At another job or on another truck/trailer. The Bolens is a never ending problem. (ie: revving hi-lo, (I fix the problem but it comes back every two days, low powered, etc.) So I was looking at a Troy-Bilt TB130 21 inch 3 in 1 self-propelled mower (has a bagger), and I was wondering if it was any good. Is the Honda motor dependable, does it have a REAL CARBURATOR (with bowls) or is it one of those governor-spring carbs. Any info will be appreciated. And if you have any other self-propelled mowers you would like to suggest, just message me.

Wildcat

Threads
I like self propelled mowers personally but I can understand being on a budget. The TB130 should be a great mower to own. It has the same engine I have on my TB mower and I love it. The Honda motor uses an auto choke that is very easy to use. Just pull the lever back to the choke picture and pull to start. It should fire up during the pull, sputter for a few seconds and start running at full RPM. Its so easy that my wife loves it and I bet you will too.

As you can see, I'm just a slight fanboy of TB.
WP_20140726_001.jpg

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
After reading all the reviews, I think I'll consider this machine. Most of the reviews are all positive things, and I don't see a lot of problems, just improper care and use. I just need a good quality long lasting mower when I'm not using my 4 eXmarks or if they are on another truck/trailer, or if one is out of service. I am still doing research and comparing mowers that I'll consider. I will also NEVER buy a Bolens product again. I think this mower with the dependable Honda engine, (I've had good luck with Honda engines), It would be a good mower for residential/light commercial use. Just need a good front line mower without shelling out money for another eXmark mower, (I would right now but just don't want another eXmark push.)