Troy-BIlt TB110 no start

mschultz373

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy-Bilt TB110 with a Briggs & Stratton 'ready start' engine that is not starting.

I cleaned the carb a few months back and it is debris-free, no damage.

My suspicion is that the mower got flooded (SE Louisiana summers...), but I haven't taken it apart yet to confirm. And I'm unsure why it wouldn't have dried out by now, a year later?

Any tips on further troubleshooting would be most apprecaited. Thanks.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
i believe that engine has an automatic choke system, remove the air filter and look at the choke valve, it should be CLOSED. if that checks out, get some starting fluid or Carburetor/Brake parts cleaner, spray it into the intake, or spark plug hole, and try to start it, if it goes bang once or twice, you have spark and compression, and no fuel. if it doesn't go bang at all, most likely no spark... then remove the blower housing, remove the kill wire that is hooked to the ignition coil. repeat the earlier steps and if it starts, the kill wire is shorting to ground, either rubbed off insulation or issue with the kill brake assembly at the back of the engine. if no spark with the coil kill wire unplugged, the coil is bad.
I'd also check to see if the flywheel key is sheared, it aligns the flywheel to the crank for proper ignition timing.