TROY BILT TB 280 ES WONT KEEP RUNNING

chazdo2

Threads
I have a TD 280 self propelled with the 725 Briggs EX engine. Starts right up dies within seconds. Completely cleaned the carb, gas cap vent works, new air filter , gas tank in line screen cleaned, new spark plug. Rubber gasket and plastic ring in the carb on the intake pipe are perfect seated properly. Valve clearances are in spec. Float valve and float work perfectly. Seems the problem is not enough gas but I cannot figure out why? Driving me crazy I had this same problem years ago ended up buying a new card fixed it. I hate not knowing why I have this problem.!!!! I have had this problem 3 different times over the years. Figure one of you thats brighter than I must have figured it out. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Did you clean the fuel bowl bolt? It is the main jet for the engine. This is provide this is the 128M series engine.

Bertrrr

Threads
Try an electric fuel pump and bypass your tank run it straight from a clean fuel source and see what happens

chazdo2

Threads
Try an electric fuel pump and bypass your tank run it straight from a clean fuel source and see what happens
same problem guess ill buy a carb they are cheap thank you though