Troy Bilt riding mower deck wont engage in high gear.

CCrown25

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy Bilt riding mower deck wont engage in high gear.
Over the weekend I bought a Troy Bilt riding mower (22 hp engine 46 in deck) from a friend and the only issue it seems to have is that the deck wont engage in high gear. For reference, it has what I call a Hydro-Shift transmission (shift into forward high, forward low or reverse with a shifter under the seat and drive with a pedal on the right floor board). The deck will engage in forward low but will not engage in forward high. I dont know if this was done by the manufacturer or if there is something else going on. he did move the starter solenoid from underneath the seat pan to just above (under the seat but above the rear pan) and it appears to be wired correctly. The riding mower runs and drives as it should without the deck on and does not have any issues starting. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be very grateful. I bought this because I have a lot of grass to mow and I dont want to end up having to do so at 2 mph. Thanks!

CCrown25

Forum Newbie
Threads
It shifts into gear... the PTO does not engage when in high gear.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
When is the posters ever learn we the equipment model number from the serial number tags? Telling us it is a Troybilt is like telling us it is a Chevy with V6. There are 1000's of different mowers out there. The info might be in the owners manual but most owners file 13 those instructions.