Troy-Bilt Neighbourhood Rider or Front Engine Tractor

konowl

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt Neighbourhood Rider or Front Engine Tractor
I'm looking to purchase a cheaper Troy-Bilt RER Neighbourhood Rider. I have maybe 1/3 an acre, and was mainly buying it because i'm sick and tired of mowing the lawn with my walk behind. The added benefit to me is that I was going to buy a small trailer to go with it so that I can clean up the seaweed on my waterfront property, and also move dirt a bit of dirt/branches here and there with the trailer.

That being said, I had a friend over last night who was adamant in the fact that the engine was too small and it would be bogged down with my yard (minor hill in front, etc) and strongly urged me to get something with a 16.5 hp instead. The added benefit of the troy-bilt is that it would fit in my shed, while a front engine won't (shed is only 67 inches or so in length).

What do people think?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I'm looking to purchase a cheaper Troy-Bilt RER Neighbourhood Rider. I have maybe 1/3 an acre, and was mainly buying it because i'm sick and tired of mowing the lawn with my walk behind. The added benefit to me is that I was going to buy a small trailer to go with it so that I can clean up the seaweed on my waterfront property, and also move dirt a bit of dirt/branches here and there with the trailer.

That being said, I had a friend over last night who was adamant in the fact that the engine was too small and it would be bogged down with my yard (minor hill in front, etc) and strongly urged me to get something with a 16.5 hp instead. The added benefit of the troy-bilt is that it would fit in my shed, while a front engine won't (shed is only 67 inches or so in length).

What do people think?

Well I would look at a ariens 30 riding mower look really well built and is only 1000$:thumbsup:

Threads
Well I would look at a ariens 30 riding mower look really well built and is only 1000$:thumbsup:

But you wonder how durable is a $1000 riding mower??? :confused2:
910f1786-5621-4283-ae98-a2e517934c28_300.jpg

(http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/91/910f1786-5621-4283-ae98-a2e517934c28_300.jpg)

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
[SUP][/SUP]

There is a 1299 yardworks with 16.5 b&s starting tomorrow. Good thing? 4 year warranty.
Well u know that the Troy build rider is gonna be no good it's plastic body and low end gear trans no good :thumbdown: