Troy Bilt Bronco Wont start after Carb rebuild

cobra390t

Threads
Juts picked up this tractor with Briggs & stratton OHV 18.5 HP CVT transmission last week and noticed gas coming out of the Carb and was running sluggish so i ordered new Carb kit for the Nikki Carb and replaced every thing inside ( all O rings , needle , Seat gaskets ...etc ) i dipped the Carb in chem dip carburetor cleaner and blow air in all paths, I also replaced all intake rubber gasket's . I assembled every thing back but machine not firing now . I have a new fuel filter and plenty of fuel going to the bowel . Any suggestion 's . Brand new Spark Plug , New Air filter and fresh oil . I built so many Carbs for all kind of application's and this one is the simplest one but not sure What happened .. If you guys could help me out i sure do appreciate it .....

cobra390t

Threads
Went thru carb for 3rd time .. No ignition .. However w small amount of carb
Cleaner sprayed in the intake the mower ran for split second .

I tested the fuel shut off solenoid by using 12v battery & that tested ok. But I Think the solenoid might stuck open not allowing Fuel to get delivered .. I am going to take it out and use small bolt to the bottom Of carb and try ..do they sell these separately ? Of that was the cause

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you applied power to the solenoid, and the plunger moved in then it is working properly. If you didn't remove the solenoid from carb first, you would here it click when power is applied. You should also here it click when you turn the igntion key on. If it clicks with battery attached, but no click with key, then that narrows down the possibilities.

From your description it sounds like you are not getting fuel through the carb, into the intake.

I forgot to add that the solenoid is available as a separate part.

cobra390t

Threads
After i removed the Solenoid out of the bowl i used a short bolt w O ring in place . The Mower ran better than ever.

I have the Solenoid out of the Carb but still still attached , the strange part is working as designed . when Key on the plunger goes in / key off the plunger is out but when it's on the Carb it stuck open ..I think it has do do with being submerged in fuel .

I run marine ethanol free fuel grade in all my application , So with the fuel properties am running am not worry about replacing it yet .

Cheer

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Without going out and pulling one off the shelf, does that solenoid have the plastic cap on the end of the plunger. If so, pull on the cap gently, and see if it comes off fairly easily. if it comes off without pulling real hard, I would say that may be the problem.

cobra390t

Threads
Without going out and pulling one off the shelf, does that solenoid have the plastic cap on the end of the plunger. If so, pull on the cap gently, and see if it comes off fairly easily. if it comes off without pulling real hard, I would say that may be the problem.

Correct ..There is Black plastic cap on the end of the plunger. I pulled on it and it's snug tight in place . I am going to poor couple droops of Kroil to extra lubricate the mechanism of the solenoid . I was also planing on connect it to external cup full of gas an monitor it's function when it's submerged . The solenoid working 100% OUT side the Carb as designed.