Troy Bilt Bronco-Transmission/driving issue

oa023

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi! I have a 2018 Troy Bilt Bronco Auto with a 42" deck. Model# 13AK78BS011. While driving, mower will come to a stop, the pulleys will just sit and spin while the wheels dont spin. I let off the pedal, press it again. and it takes of driving again. It will do it randomly. It appears it does it more often at higher speeds and when the mower is "warmed up". The drive belt looks OK however, to me, it feels like its loose. Again, Im not quite sure how tight these are supposed to be when disengaged. Any ideas where to start?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A new pair of drive belts + perhaps a set pf idler pulleys
Check the IPL for your mower to see how many springs there should be in the drive train then verify they are all there and the mounting points are in good condition

oa023

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for that! As far as belts, can I get away with buying aftermarket belt?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Simple answer. No because MTD uses unique drive belts. I have tried multiple after market belts and have yet to find belt for the CVT drive system that works.

oa023

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just noticed that when I hold the gear selector (forward) down with my hand while driving it drives as normal. Seems to drive in reverse with no issues.