Trimmers

MJlawncare

Threads
Looking to buy a new straight shaft trimmer. Looking for one that is the same quality of Stihl but save me some money. What do you all think ?

Lawnranger

Threads
Go to as many dealers as you can and try them out to see how they feel. I have an Echo, Shindaiwa and Stihl. I can convert my Echo SRM 2100 into a brush cutter and use that as the need arises. I prefer the Shindaiwa as it is the lightest out of the bunch. I maintain a cemetery and it takes four hours to trim around all the head stones so in my case lighter is better. My brother-in-law recently purchased a Stihl KM 130 and after about five minutes of trimming I was ready to give it back to him. Nothing against Stihl and that trimmer has incredible torque but way too heavy for my trimmer needs. YMMV

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just saw a toro straight shaft trimmer at home depot its even 2 cycle not sure on quality or power but dam i want it :>

I love me echo trimmer it has not failed me yet it plows through thick weeds and details nicely. The only thing about echo is that there is a gap between the head and the shaft that can sometimes get longer weeds or misc stuff tangled in it. Stihl does not have this problem. Also my echo blower likes to leak gas if not stored properly (carb up)

Lawnranger

Threads
Just saw a toro straight shaft trimmer at home depot its even 2 cycle not sure on quality or power but dam i want it :>

I love me echo trimmer it has not failed me yet it plows through thick weeds and details nicely. The only thing about echo is that there is a gap between the head and the shaft that can sometimes get longer weeds or misc stuff tangled in it. Stihl does not have this problem. Also my echo blower likes to leak gas if not stored properly (carb up)

I'm waiting for my old blower to die and it has the same problem but all I have to do is replace the fuel lines that get hard from ethanol and leak where they go through the bottom of the fuel tank. Echo fuel leaks are simple to fix and they make a fuel line maintenance kit with a new tank grommet that solves most leaks, if that is what your blower is suffering from.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Indead I will head to the echo dealer up the street and see what he can do :)

Lawnranger

Threads
Indead I will head to the echo dealer up the street and see what he can do :)

So is the fuel leaking from around the tank grommet where the fuel lines pass through? If so, save yourself some money and fix it yourself as this is a very simple job. Take a few pictures and write down where each of the three lines go and you should have no problem at all. Good luck.

BTW, your buddy is bummed that you are married.