transmission pulley removal help

CajunMan89

Threads
I am in the process of attempting to remove the transmission pulley on my Toro 244-5, because it is badly rusted and needs to be changed. I removed the transmission from the frame and then I went out and bought a pulley removal tool, but it still won't budge! All that I see holding the pulley to the transmission shaft are two bolts with a square head....nothing else. I sprayed it all with WD-40 and as I crank down on the pulley tool, it is actually bending the old pulley, trying to form it into a hotdog bun!

I don't have any PB blaster and have never bout any before, so could someone give me some ideas as to what I can try?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds the pulley is rusted on the shaft. Either need apply heat to it with a mapp or propane torch or cut it off.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lift the rear end by the pulley. That way all the weight is being supported by the pulley. Put a block of wood on the shaft and hit with a hammer.

Only lift the unit a couple inches off the ground so it will not break when it falls.

metz12

Threads
Never heard of removing a trany pulley like that.

me either. he does alot of things that are weird. check him out he does the off road mowers. they go through stuff that would make a quad look twice.