Transmission Lockup Craftsman 247.28881

Jimcava9

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought my tractor 9.14.11 and mowed my 1 1/2 acres twice at the end of the season. I mowed the same property once a week from May to Sept in 2012 and 2013. On my third mowing this year the motor cough , back fired and stopped. I took the tractor to my local repairman he cleaned the carburetor, installed a new spark plug and checked the valves. When he called me to pick up the tractor, he asked 'what was the trick to driving it?' He said it wouldn't move.
When i got there to pick it up, it fired up bur wouldn't move. The repairman determined the transmission was locked up and worked on the linkage and it ran fine, I drove the tractor to my house [1/2 mile] were I left it overnight because it was to late to mow. the following morning I started over to my property [1/4mile] the tractor started right up and as I turned out of my driveway, I remembered something. Stopped the tractor. When I started it up again it wouldn't move the transmission was locked up again. I have driven this tractor less than 150 hours, I don't think I should be having these problems. I bought this tractor from Sears--Craftsman Mo 247.28881

What can I do?