Toro ZT commercial for 3.5 acres

mike.s

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI I'm new to this forum and have been doing some searching on here for toro mowers. I'm interested in getting a commercial grade mower for the look of a striped lawn and the long life expectancy. I am looking at a 60" deck model but not sure which series would be best for me they go from 2000-6000 I believe. What model should I look at and what price should I expect to pay? Also I will probably take advantage of the 0% APR for 48 month toro is having, Thank you in advance for any help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In my opinion you won't go wrong with the Toro Titan mower, with the Kawasaki engine. Model 74873 is the Titan MX and Model 74843 is the Titan. Both have Kaws and a 60" decks. Prices will range from $4800-7000, depending on what the dealers in you area have in stock and how they are selling. Best to see if they have any clearance specials as many are trying to clear stock to make room for slow blowers in our area. Just a suggestion, if you have a Kubota dealer in your area, compare the Toro to the Kubota. You will see that the Toro will stand next to the Kubota at a lower price.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not wanting to sound prejudice, because i just bought one(picking up my Pro-Turn 152 XDZ on 9/15/12), but if you have a Gravely dealer close buy you may want to compare them as well. I looked at the Toro Titans and Z Master 2000 ZTR's and they are very nice mowers, as was the Bad Boy Outlaw(also worth taking a good look at if you are looking at spending around $7K). But the Gravely, for my money(I got one for almost $1K less than the MSRP) was extremely heavy duty build with a 3 Year Consumer/2 year Commercial Warranty, Lifetime Frame & Deck Warranty and 3 Year Spindle Warranty. Very decent when you compare those build quality, Warranties and price.

mike.s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the help I ended up going with the Toro titan 60". The way this machine cuts compared to my bad boy ZT is night and day! I have a couple of questions though the mower makes pretty good stripes with the stock blades will mulching blades give me a better or more solid stripe? Also I was looking for a bagger setup for the leaves is there any particular one I should look at? Thanks for all the help -Mike S.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ask your dealer if he has any landscaping customers who use the mulching and or bagging systems. They are going to give you the best answer to your questions for your area.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the help I ended up going with the Toro titan 60". The way this machine cuts compared to my bad boy ZT is night and day! I have a couple of questions though the mower makes pretty good stripes with the stock blades will mulching blades give me a better or more solid stripe? Also I was looking for a bagger setup for the leaves is there any particular one I should look at? Thanks for all the help -Mike S.

mike.s,
You made a good choice as I was pretty impressed with the quality if the Titans(and not just because I live in TN and am a "Titans fan":0)
And I mentioned the Bad Boy as a choice to consider, but as you mentioned the "entry level" ZT model is not that great of a ZTR(I was looking at the commercial quality Outlaw, which was a much better built mower). I think you will be happy with that Toro!!